Welcome to Santa Cruz County’s Bicycle Courier Blog

I thought it would be great to have a place where Bike Couriers and Bike Riders could meet and talk, share stories, trade advice, and build an online community. I look forward to reading and writing our Courier stories, news, and comments.

Rick Graves

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Nate King-Messenger Extraordinaire!


I'm Nate, and I'm going to write my profile as a brutal exercise in narcissistic creativity. Enjoy!

I was a messenger in Salt Lake, and at some point in my life found myself in the beachside burg of Santa Cruz. It was in this murky, alcohol-fueled morass that I discovered Rick and Clutch. The rest is (a brief) history.

I used to race mountain bikes, so working as a messenger seemed a logical transition to the "real" world. I love a day full of legal runs, or busting ass down to Watsonville at a breakneck pace. I have a habit of not being able to ride slowly, and a knack for obliterating myself and equipment (both have more than their fair share of battle wounds). I love riding outside of work, too - you're likely to see me decked out in body armor at the local downhill mountain bike spot, or mashing up Empire Grade in lycra. I'm also fairly renowned for being a sarcastic, overconfident bastard, and I'm not sure I'd have it any other way.

And now, the Playmate Profile:

Name: Nate King
Age: 21
Hometown: Salt Lake City, UT
Interests: Riding bikes of all shapes and sizes, hating on fixies/everything, current events/history, photography, design, music, snowboarding, attempting to surf, sleep
Favorite Band: It's always changing, but you'll usually find at least a little bit of Johnny Cash, Mogwai, Warren Zevon, and Flogging Molly in the current rotation.
Life Aspiration: World domination...duh? That said, I'll settle for professional photographer.

No comments: