Welcome to Santa Cruz County’s Bicycle Courier Blog

I thought it would be great to have a place where Bike Couriers and Bike Riders could meet and talk, share stories, trade advice, and build an online community. I look forward to reading and writing our Courier stories, news, and comments.

Rick Graves

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Branciforte Junior High Bike club


Julie-(Phil Woods niece) from The Bike Trip runs bike safety and culture classes at various middle and high schools around town. She invited me to speak at the Bike Club at B-40 under the heading of "Bike Sub-Culture/Meet Rick Graves-Owner of a successful bike messenger company."

I think I got across how important our job is to these kids, as well as letting them know that it's the most fun you'll ever have working. They loved seeing me use the radio, and I think this will lead to more respect from these kids when they see any bike messenger on the road.

Thanks Kids, Tony & Julie, You Rock!

No comments: